Dr. Uchenna Nwosu, MD
Vascular & Interventional Radiologist
Uchenna Nwosu, MD is a fellowship trained vascular interventional radiologist who specializes in minimally invasive, image guided procedures.
Dr. Nwosu attended medical school at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington D.C. He then went on to do his internship, residency training in Diagnostic Radiology and fellowship training in Vascular and Interventional Radiology at Christiana Care Health System in Wilmignton, Delaware serving as Chief Fellow during his final year at Christiana.
Dr. Nwosu has experience in the full range of interventional radiology procedures with specific interests in treating patients using targeted therapies for a wide range of disorders including peripheral arterial disease, venous disease, end stage renal disease, uterine fibroids, and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Dr. Nwosu also has special clinical interest in treating patients diagnosed with cancer and experience within all aspects of interventional oncology (e.g. ablations and embolizations). He hopes to expand this service in conjunction with other doctors on the patient’s oncology team in order to provide truly comprehensive care in the office-based lab setting. He is a member of the American College of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America and Society of Interventional Radiology.
- Uterine artery embolization
- Prostate artery embolization
- Diagnosis and Intervention for Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Peripherally inserted central venous catheter
- Arteriovenous fistula declotting
- Central venous catheter placement
- Tunneled dialysis catheter placement
- Lumbosacral facet block
- Lumbar vertebroplasty
- Endovenous laser varicosity ablation
- Endovenous radiofrequency varicosity ablation
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous lymph node biopsy
- Venous insufficiency, venous disease or venous reflux treatments
- IVC filter placement/retrieval
- Gastrostomy tube placement
- MAA mapping/Y-90 radioembolization
- Transarterial Chemoembolizaiton
- Cryoablation/Microwave ablation
- PleurX/Rocket pleural/abdominal drainage catchers